Watch the video on Notre Dame news. Prepare a summary of what has happened. Use the vocabulary from the video to present the news. Prepare a mind map about vocabulary connected with fire. Prepare a presentation with at least five slides about the history of the monument and the difficulties it has overcome. Prepare some visual aid to support your presentation.
Using the following rubrics correct your classmate’s piece of writing. Justify your correction.
Here´s the guide on how to prepare our lending library. Read it carefully and check any doubts you may have. We´ll discuss them in class.
ORAL PRESENTATIONS: LENDING LIBRARY.
TIPS TO FOLLOW WHILE PREPARING THE LENDING LIBRARY.
It´s impossible to cover all the aspects of your book. Focus on one or two only.
-Discuss the characters in the story and the events that take place around them.
– Tell the story from the point of view of one of the characters.
– Describe the book cover and explain how it relates to the story you have read. Create one of your own.
– Discuss the title of the book. Think of other possibilities. Explain why.
– Express how you felt about the book and why.
– Choose two or three quotations from the text (depending on their length).
Explain their context. What caught your attention from them? How do they contribute to the development of the story?
– Find two or three reviews about the book. Read them and decide whether they do justice to the book. How would you make them more appealing?
– Choose a section of the story and rewrite it (from the point of view of another character/ as a diary entry/ as a monologue/ as another chapter/ etc).
– Add another chapter, either as prequel or sequel.
– Create a dialogue / chat between characters in which they discuss, at least, two important events in the story.
– Build a fakebook of one of the characters.
What were your likes and passions in the past when you were younger? What are your interests now in senior 3? What would you think your interests will be in the future?
When I was younger I loved watching cartoons and playing with barbies. I remember once I was playing with my barbies for four hours non-stop. One Saturday afternoon Mum went shopping and took long doing it. When she returned she realised I had been watching cartoons for three hours. She was mad at me! I will never forget how angry she was.
Now I’m older I don’t longer play with barbies but I still love watching cartoons and films with my kids. I also have new hobbies. Writing children’s stories is one. I’m writing one about an enchanted castle today. I think I will have finished it by next weekend. And at this time next week I will be enjoying my holidays.
Now write your own paragraph using as many tenses as possible!! Good luck! Include one or two drawings as well.
This is our first story. Before reading what do you think it is about?
Where do you think it has taken place?
What does the word “darling” tell you?
What can you infer about the names of the characters? Where are they from?